Thinking of requesting a consultation? Here are some things that might help you to know what to expect.
- Our consultants’ goal is to assist you in finding some solutions involving assistive technology to help you do the things you want to do in your life, whether that’s communicate with others, live independently, thrive at school or at work, travel, play sport etc. etc.
- Our consultants are available to travel to your home, school and/or workplace in the south east Queensland area.
- All our consultants have done training through Apple and other providers about technology and accessibility.
- All our consultants hold Blue Cards and have undergone criminal checks.
- We have male and female consultants available because some people have a preference about who they feel comfortable sharing details of their lives with.
- Our consultants do not operate on a commission, so there is no financial advantage for them in trying to sell products to you.
- A consultancy session normally takes about 45 minutes to an hour. There is a base charge of $110 and then $1.75/minute or $104/hour.
- The consultant will run through an assessment process with you and a carer/loved one if you would like someone else to be present, gathering information on your goals, strengths and challenges and the contexts in which you want to use your devices.
- The consultant will make some initial suggestions, show you some images and explain some of the technologies which may be appropriate.
- After the session, the consultant will email his/her recommendations with full costing, including costing for installation, set up and ongoing support. There is no obligation for you to proceed with this quote.
- All our consultants are friendly and understanding!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3892 2227 to arrange a consultation or make any other accessibility inquiries.