The C-Pen Reader pen scanner is major technological breakthrough for anyone learning English, Spanish or French and is a life-saver for those who suffer from reading difficulties such as dyslexia. The C-Pen Reader is a totally portable, pocket-sized device that reads text out aloud with an English, Spanish or French human-like digital voice.
The in-built dictionary puts the power of Collins English, Oxford Primary, New Oxford American, Vox Spanish & Cordial French dictionaries in your hands. Simply pass the nib across a word and it instantly displays the definition and reads it aloud. It is also a scanner for capturing lines of text and uploading to a PC or Mac, making it ideal for students, teachers and professionals to capture essential information.
The pen is half the size of other portable pen scanners on the market and at 50g is half the weight. Importantly this means it can be used by a younger generation of English, Spanish or French learners making this learning tool suitable for children (age 6+) and adults. This is the only portable line scanner on the market that is both Mac and PC compatible. There is no software required, just connect the pen up to a computer with a USB cable and it appears as an external hard drive. Other features include a built-in voice recorder with playback.
As well as promoting Independent Reading this pen features:
- Hear words & lines of text read aloud
- Collins English Dictionary 30th Anniversary Edition 10th edition, 200,000+ headwords
- Oxford Primary Dictionary, more than 16,500 words and phrases.
- New Oxford American Dictionary
- Vox Spanish, 60,000+ headwords
- Cordial French, 200,000+ headwords
- Scan, store & transfer to a PC or Mac (1GB of storage & downloads to a computer like using a USB key – no software required)
- Scan direct to the cursor on a computer
- A voice recorder
- Free future upgrades
- Available in a class pack of 10 pens